Jumat, 04 Mei 2012

Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 2 Tugas Terakhir


A. Because and Because of
Because of adalah preposisi –  itu diikuti oleh klausa nomina / kata benda atau kata ganti.
Contoh :
I am here because of the job offer.
Because adalah kata sambung- itu diikuti oleh subjek dan kata kerja.
Contoh :
I came here because this is a good school.

SOAL :
1.  He can’t go to the party  because of feeling sick.
2.  Carlos couldn't play because of his injury.
3.  I feel so sad because of his death.
4.  I had to go early to the office because of the meeting.
5.  I am here because of The job offer.
6.  I stay here because this is a good idea.
7.  He can’t go to the party because of his sickness.
8.  Andi can’t go to the Dufan because he feels busy.
9.  I came here because this is a good school.
10.I didn't pass the test because I didn't study.

B. Noun Clauses
Noun clause adalah klausa yang berfungsi sebagai nomina. Karena fungsinya sebagai nomina, maka noun clause dapat menduduki posisi-posisi berikut :
   1.    Subjek kalimat (subject of a sentence)
   2.    Objek verba transitif (object of a transitive verb)
   3.    Objek preposisi (object of a preposition)
   4.    Pelengkap (complement)
   5.    Pemberi keterangan tambahan (noun in apposition)

SOAL :
1. I believe that everything happens for a reason
2. How do I know what I think, until I see what I say?
3.  I believe that everything happens for a reason.
4. How do I know what I think, until I see what I say?
5. about what you bought at the mall
6. Whoever broke the vase will have to pay for it.
7. about what you bought at the mall
8. Whoever broke the vase will have to pay for it
9. The Toronto fans hope that the Blue Jays will win again
10. Be careful of what you’re doing

C. Not only – But also
Not only - but also yang bermakna ‘tidak hanya…tapi juga’ Contoh :
·      Not only my sister but also my brother is in Makassar.
·      Not only my sister but also my brothers are in Makassar.
Ketika ada dua subjek yang dihubungkan oleh not only but also, either or, or neither nor  maka subject yang lebih dekat dengan kata kerja yang kaan menentukan apakah kata kerjanya berbentuk tunggal atau jamak.
SOAL :
1. Not only my brother but also my sister is in Bekasi.
2. Not only Raka but also Yuni is in classroom.
3. She not only plays the keyboard, but also the drum.
4. They not only need food, but also shelter.
5. Not only Putri but also Suci is in garden.
6. She is not only a good wife, but also a good mother.
7. Not only Irna but also Sinta is in bathroom.
8. He visited not only France but also Japan.
9. Not only my brothers but also my sisters are in Yogyakarta. 
10.Lily eats not only string beans but also broccoli.

D. Have Something Done
 If you ‘have something done’, you get somebody else to do something for you.
a.  I’m going to have my hair cut.
     In informal English, we can replace ‘have’ by ‘get’.
b. We’re getting a new telephone system installed
    We can also use ‘have/got something done’ in situations where something bad has happened to
    people or their possessions. This is not something they wanted to happen.
c. John had all his money stolen from his hotel bedroom.

SOAL :
1. He’s having him house redecorated.
2.  We’re getting a new telephone system installed.
3. I got my nose broken playing rugby.
4.  I got the bill sent direct to the company.
5.  I’m having a copy of the report sent to you.
6.  John had all his money stolen from his hotel bedroom.
7.  I’m going to have my hair cut.
8.  We had our car damaged by a falling tree.
9.  They will be getting the system repaired as quickly as they can.
10.  She’s having her house redecorated.

E. Degrees Of Comparison
Kata sifat kuantitatif much dan little, dan kata sifat bilangan many and few, mempunyai tingkat perbandingan (degrees comparison).
The degrees of comparison (tingkat perbandingan) berjumlah tiga tingkat, yaitu :
1. The positive degree (tingkat biasa)
2. The comparative (tingkat lebih/perbandingan)
3. The superlative (tingkat paling)

SOAL :
1. Ina is the most beautiful girls in my school.
2. Solo is as beautiful as Surabaya.
3. Her love is as much as mine.
4. The brown cat is as beautiful as the grey cat.
5. She ate her lunch quickly.
6. Notebook is more expensive than personal computer.
7. Sony and toshiba have the same price.
8. The brown cat is not so beautiful as the black & white cat.
9. He speaks clearly.
10. He is a tall man like a pole.
 
F. Adjective and Adverb
ADJECTIVE (kata sifat) & ADVERB (kata keterangan)
Adjective : Kata yang digunakan untuk menerangkan noun/pronoun.
Peletakan Adjective.
1. Adj + noun
   Exp : Good boys.
2. Indefinite pronoun + Adj
   Exp : Something special.
3. S + to be/linking verb + Adj
   Exp : She is beautiful, She looks beautiful.

Indenfinite Pronoun : someone, somebody, something, anyone, anybody, anything, no one, no body,    nothing, everyone, everybody, everything. Linking Verb : appear, become, feel, look, remain (tetap), seem, sound, stay, taste, smell.
Adverb (kata keterangan)
Adverb : Kata yang digunakan untuk menerangkan verb, adjective, dan adverb yang lain.
Peletakan Adverb.
1. Adv + S + V + O
    Exp : Finally, he did it.
2. S + Adv + V + O
    Exp : She always studies hard.
3. S + V + O + Adv
    Exp : He went to school.
4. S + to be + Adv (nominal sentence)
        Exp : We are at home.
    5. Adv + adv/adj
       Exp: So slow or so slowly. Example :
      a. The train is fast. (Adjective)
      b. The train runs fast. (Adverb)

SOAL :
1. You’re absolutely right!
2.  She plays the piano well
3.  He teaches simply and clearly
4.  He didn’t do badly in his test.
5.  He learns quickly
6.  She’s an incredibly talented girl.
7. She’s a good pianist. ( good )
8.  The teacher makes difficult things simple
9.  He didn’t get a bad test score.
10.  He’s quickat learning new things.

0 komentar:

Bayu Mayura Pridatama | Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 - layout4all